Website Privacy Notice/Policy
A. Solutions by STC
Solutions by STC or Solutions, is the Kingdom’s leading provider of IT Solutions and have operated in Saudi Arabia for over 25 years providing innovative, integrated technology Solutions to enterprises and Saudi society.
Solutions provide Technologies to enhance your day-to-day operations and prepare you for the future.
B. What Personal Data we Collect?
As Technology service provider, Solutions collect following categories of personal data to provide various services and other related activities. As a part of our commitment, we will let you know if any of the information are optional.
- Name and contact information: Your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact information.
Identifiers: Government-issued identifiers, such as driver’s license number, and other state-issued identification numbers, as well as other unique identifiers such as those associated with your device.
- Demographic data: Data about you such as your age, gender, country, and preferred language.
Payment/financial data: Data required to process payments, such as your account number and associated banking data.
- Commercial data: Data regarding products or services you have purchased or considered purchasing, or other purchasing or spending histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity: Data regarding your browsing history, search history, and data about how you interact with our websites, applications, advertisements, or emails.
- Device data: Data about the devices you use to access our websites, applications, or advertisements, such as browser, operating system type, device ID, and IP address. Your IP address may be used to identify the general geographic location of your device.
- Support data: Data you provide when you contact Solutions for support, such as the content of your communications with Solutions, and the products or services related to your inquiry. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
- Whistleblowing: Data such as name and email (if opted) you provide when you submit a whistleblowing form for raising complaint related to fraudulent financial reporting, misappropriation of assets, fraudulently obtained revenue and assets, conflict of interest, Employee misconduct etc.
C. How we Collect your Personal Data?
Directly from you:
- Online registration and subscribing products/services: We collect personal data when You register, subscribe and/ or use the Solutions Services using our website or Solutions applications like Market Place.
- Customer support: We collect personal data through our interactions with you, such as when you contact customer support (over call and/ or email).
- Whistleblowing: We collect personal data through whistleblowing form.
- Visit our website: By entering data on the page titled “Contact Us”, we collect your name, email address and details of the inquiry to enable us to respond to a general/service inquiry made by you. If you wish to be contacted by telephone, we may also collect your work phone number.
Received from Business Partners:
- Business partners. We collect personal data from banks/companies that offer financial products or services to consumers like Point-of-Sale terminal. This includes Name, Business and Personal Email Address and Phone Number.
- Data received prior to/during fulfilment of contractual services: This may include for example your name, designation/job role, company you represent, telephone number and email address that you provide us with during the RFP stage, proposal discussions, contract negotiations and/or the duration of time for which you receive services from Solutions.
Other Data we Collect:
There is other data we may collect that does not directly reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to you as an individual. We may automatically collect the following data when you visit our website or utilize our services:
- Your equipment, browsing actions and patterns collected automatically as you navigate through our websites.
- Usage details, time of requests, browser types, operating system, IP addresses and data collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
The data we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store data about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to our website.
D. Purposes of Processing your Personal Data and the Legal Basis for Processing?
- To provide, develop and improve Solutions Products/Services: We use the personal data (such as IP address, webpages visited, cookies etc.,) we collect to perform essential business operation purposes pursuant to our legitimate business interests, for example to understand usage patterns when you visit our web site; and to develop, provide, improve, and personalize Solutions services. We do not link this data to a particular customer, but instead measure traffic patterns and other analytics to help us improve our customer experience and service offerings.
- To confirm your identity and authenticate the data you provide: As part of providing services to you we will confirm your identity and authenticate the data you provide for security purposes to provide you access to the services requested by you.
- To respond to any queries made by you: We may collect and use your personal data to enable us to respond to queries or services requested by you.
- To personalize the information that we send you: We may combine the data we receive and collect about you to better understand your interests and preferences so that we can provide you with an experience that is tailored to those interests and preferences. For example, sending you personalized offers, discounts or promotions by our application, or email (where you have agreed to receive our emails), or advertising content that is relevant to your interests. In the event you prefer not to receive such information, you may opt out by following the instruction provided Section – “How to opt out?”.
- Reporting, analytics, and tracking: We will use your data we hold about you, your behavior on our websites and in our apps, IDs created when you use our services and how you respond to our emails to understand you and how you use our services. This analysis will be used to enable us to improve and promote our products and services, provide educational content, and to provide appropriate levels of support to our customers. No personal data will be publicly available as a result.
- To improve data accuracy and completeness: Personal data you provide to us during registration, when you search for products or services in our Market Place to check for accuracy and completeness.
- To enter, renew or fulfil service contracts: We collect and use personal data such as name, email ID, contact number and in certain cases passport/ government ID proof to facilitate the performance of the contract between Solutions and the Organization you represent.
- To facilitate email campaigns carried out by our sales and marketing departments: As part of our email campaigns, we track whenever you receive, open, click a link, or download any attachments from an e-mail you receive from Solutions. We will carry out automated profiling of such data to evaluate your interest in our service offerings or promotions. This processing will enable us to identify and target potential customers or business partners, tailor our marketing and provide you with relevant and timely content based on your interests, in pursuit of our legitimate business interests. In the event you prefer not to receive such information, you may opt out by following the instruction provided in Section – “How to opt out?”.
- To comply with legal requirements and exercise or defend legal claims: We may need to process and retain your personal data to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject (for example in relation to licensing, health, and safety). It is in our legitimate interests to process personal data for the purposes of exercising and defending legal claims. Processing personal data may also be necessary to ensure compliance with the relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
- To process your payments and protect against fraudulent transactions: We may need to process your personal data to keep your payments safe and secure and protect against fraudulent transactions. It is in our legitimate interests to process personal data to keep your payments secure and to prevent fraud. We may also require your personal data to send payment reminders and legal intimations in case of overdue payments. Processing personal data in this way may also be necessary to ensure compliance with the relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
- To comply with any opt-out or do not disturb requests we receive from you: We understand that you may not prefer for us to contact you with any offers, promotions or details of our products and services. In the event you opt-out, we may be required to maintain data such as name, email ID/contact number and the subscription(s) that you have opted out of to ensure compliance with your requests. Also, in the future, if you wish to hear from us, you may at any time, contact us to opt-in and we would be happy to keep you posted about our latest offers, promotions and/ or details of our products and services.
E. How to opt out?
- Email: You can click on the unsubscribe link provided in the email you receive from us.
- SMS: you can follow the instruction provided in the messages you receive from us.
- Applications: You may use the “opt out” option provided within the applications; and/or
- Contact us: You may contact us using the details provided in Section – ‘Contact Us’.
F. Who might we share this data with?
- We may use carefully selected third parties to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we may engage cloud or IOT service providers and other third parties to support cloud and IOT services, brand promotions, marketing, advertising, communications, to personalize and optimize our service, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our services). While providing such services, these third parties may have access to your personal data.
- Where required or permitted by law, personal data may be provided to others, such as regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- We may share with government or regulatory authorities upon request to comply with any court order, law, or legal process
G. How we secure your Personal Data?
Your personal data security is an important concern to us. We provide the utmost care in secure transmission of your personal data from your computer, smartphone, and other electronic devices to our servers. We use industry security standards to safeguard the confidentiality of your data (e.g. firewalls, Transport Security Layer (“TLS”) etc.) and to make sure that your personal data is secure with us. We have implemented and maintained appropriate technical and organizational security measures, policies, and procedures to protect your personal data from the accidental loss, unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. All payment transactions are encrypted using TLS technology. E.g.: Measures we take includes:
- Placing confidentiality requirements on our staff and service providers.
- Restriction of access to your personal data to employees and third parties strictly on a need-to-know basis, such as to respond to your enquiry or request.
- Destroying or anonymizing personal data if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; and
- Using secure communication channels for transmitting personal data.
The safety and security of your data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. For your own protection, you should exercise care with the data you share over the internet. You should always use a secure browser and exercise good judgment in using passwords, such as using a combination of upper, and lower-case letters, numbers, special characters, and you should avoid using the same or similar passwords across multiple sites.
H. How long do we keep data about you?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, any other purpose outlined above or to comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period, for example, till the end of the contract with the organization you represent, or after your query has been addressed. In certain cases, we may retain your personal data for a longer period where extended retention periods are required by law or regulation and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. We will ensure that it is disposed in a secure manner when it’s no longer needed.
For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact us using the details provided in Section – ‘How do you contact us?’.
What are your privacy rights?
Solutions would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your privacy rights which include:
- The right to access: You have the right to request a copy of your personal data.
- The right to rectification: If you believe that data, we hold about you may not be up to date, accurate or complete, you may contact Solutions for a correction of that data. We make good-faith efforts to give you ways to update your personal data, although some changes require personal contact with Solutions representative.
- The right to erasure or restrict processing of data: You have the right to request Solutions to erase or restrict processing of your personal data, under certain conditions including proving that this data was reported to Solutions by mistake but exercising this right may impact your access to some of our services.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to Solutions processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time (where processing is based on consent): Where we process personal data based on consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time, you may also refer to section- How to opt out?
- The right to data portability: You have a right to ask for a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used format on request subject to availability.
J. How do you contact us?In case of any queries related to this policy, you can contact us through this link:
L. If you fail to provide personal information.Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide the personal data when requested, we may not be able to deliver the services you have requested or perform certain aspects of it or we may be prevented from complying with our legal or regulatory obligations.